Peace for the Soul

A common space for harmonic peacemakers

Universal Peace (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gandhi's grandson urges change from within

Wishes Martin Luther King could have lived longer, done more Arun Gandhi speaks Sunday in Hazel Dell. (Steve Dipaola/for The Columbian)…

Started by Eva

0 Jan 19, 2015

Responding to Violence and Insanity (one Buddhist’s perspective)

Susan Piver - January 7th, 2015 Perhaps you have seen the news today that gunmen opened fire on the offices of the “satirical magazine”…

Started by Eva

3 Jan 11, 2015
Reply by desmond dillon

*** Be New Each Day *** poem

* Be new each day * welcome the new goodbye to the old may we see this breathing life is gold the chance to be alive on earth seen with the…

Started by janice wilson

3 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Jan

Is India Rejecting Gandhi?

Is India Rejecting Gandhi? by Arun Gandhi Ever since the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was overwhelmingly voted into pow…

Started by Eva

1 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by DAMIEN FERNANDES

Harry Belafonte: JFK ‘knew little’ about black struggles

The first time Harry Belafonte met John F. Kennedy, he was unimpressed. Source: Lilly Workneh / theGrio It was the early 1960s and Ke…

Started by Eva

0 Dec 7, 2014

I Am the Prince of Dreams

I Am the Prince of Dreams My words are my sole ticket to be anywhere I choose. To transverse time and space...to savor that which is yet un…

Started by Durl Lovell

0 Nov 11, 2014

- Is it possible to make a Difference in this World? -

The primary cause of disorder in ourselves is the seeking of reality promised by another.                   Jiduu Krishnamurti          …

Started by Rosmarie Heusser

0 Oct 17, 2014

ARCHBISHOP TUTU BREAK SILENCE ON DALAI LAMA SCANDAL

Desmond Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation The Dalai Lama, left, sits with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, of South Africa, Tuesday, April 15, 2008 pri…

Started by Eva

0 Oct 3, 2014

We are on brink of World War III

On the 145th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, renowned peace activist’s grandson is warning that the world is on the brink of World War III, an…

Started by Eva

0 Oct 3, 2014

Nobel peace summit cancelled after South Africa refuses visa for Dalai Lama

Jacob Zuma’s government accused of ‘selling its sovereignty’ to China for refusing to admit exiled Tibetan spiritual leader Agence France…

Started by Eva

0 Oct 3, 2014

RSS

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY
NOT HATE
CREATIVITY
NOT DESTRUCTION