1 large clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup roasted shelled pistachios
2 medium avocados
1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil
3-5 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed + drained

Place the garlic clove in your large food processor and turn on until minced. Scrape the sides. Add the pistachios and pulse until evenly chopped (refer photo 3). Add in the avocado, basil, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Pulse a few times until the basil is roughly chopped. Scrape the sides. Add salt + pepper. Stream in the olive oil slowly while pulsing the avocado mixture until it reaches a thick consistency but not fully pureed. Scrapes the sides and bottom as needed. You want to leave it with some texture. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the chickpeas. You want them about half-mashed. Add in as much of the pesto mixture as desired (I used about 3/4 of it) and mix together. Add remaining lemon juice (I added an extra 1-2 tablespoons) and salt + pepper to taste.

Build your sandwich with any other toppings you choose.

Notes:

This can be stored for 1 day but will slightly brown. For best results, place in an airtight container. Spread out evenly then drizzle lemon juice over top. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and secure the lid. Refrigerate. Stir before eating.

The pesto avocado also works well as a summer guacamole with or without the chickpeas!

To get the full picture recipe click onto the link below.

http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2015/4/27/chickpea-salad-sand...

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Also yummy...

Thank you Helela.

I know lol, yummy is right :)

RSS

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY