Peace for the Soul

A common space for harmonic peacemakers

CALLING ON THE MOTHERS

This is a photo of a captured Russian soldier in Ukraine. Ukrainians gave him tea, food, and let him call his mother on video. I read today in several news outlets that the Ukrainian defense ministry has published telephone numbers and an email address to provide information about captured Russian soldiers. On Wednesday defense officials urged the mothers of captured Russian soldiers to travel to Kyiv to pick up their children and gave detailed instructions on how to retrieve them. This is different. This is warfare in the 21st century, in a wired world, and in a country unafraid to demonstrate a new kind of courage—one that values transparency, emotional intelligence, and compassion. One that appeals to the hearts of mothers and parents on both sides, one that reveals the real cost of war. I am not putting anyone on a pedestal, as I am sure darkness is being unleashed in some Ukrainians, because this is war, and war is a pathetic, outdated, brutal lack of imagination. But in general, my heart is wide open to the people and the leadership in Ukraine. May they remain strong and may they continue to show the world what big-hearted, kind-spirited, full-spectrum courage looks like.

Many have asked for the source of this post.
Its all over the internet, but here is one such source:

Ukraine asks-russian-mothers-to-retrive-pows-in-kyiv

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really GREAT indeed❣️ ∼

RSS

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY
NOT HATE
CREATIVITY
NOT DESTRUCTION
EVERYBODY
NOT JUST US"

Connect With Us!

We light a candle for all our friends and members that have passed to the other side.

Gone from our life and forever moved into our heart. ~ ❤️ ~

Grant us peace
#Ukraine

Two beautiful graphics for anyone to use, donated and created by Shannon Wamsely

Shannon Wamsley

Designed by Michelle Yd Frost

Windy Willow (Salix Tree)
Artist Silvia Hoefnagels
Ireland NOV 2020
(image copyright Silvia Hoefnagels)

She writes,
"Love, acceptance and inclusion. Grant us peace."

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Eva Libre.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service