Peace for the Soul

A common space for harmonic peacemakers

John Lennon with Yoko Ono

(UKPA) – 9 hours ago

Millions of people have been remembering John Lennon, exactly 30 years after the former Beatle was murdered.

His widow Yoko Ono led the tributes, saying the world was still learning from his messages of peace.

She said: "On this tragic anniversary, please join me in remembering John with deep love and respect. The world was lucky to have known him. We still learn so much from him today. John, I love you."

Ono, who was beside Lennon when he was gunned down in New York, will perform at a charity concert she has organised in Japan called Dream Power John Lennon Super Live.

Now in its 10th year, some of the country's top artists will gather to participate in the gig at Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, which raises money for schools for deprived children all over the world.

The focus of the memorials in the UK will be in Lennon's home city of Liverpool, where hundreds of people are expected to attend a vigil.

They will gather around a monument dedicated to the singer to light candles and sing songs. Peace and Harmony was unveiled earlier this year by Lennon's former wife Cynthia and their son Julian in Chavasse Park.

Local musicians will lead the wellwishers and Beatles fans as they celebrate the life of one of Liverpool's best-loved sons.

Lennon was shot dead outside the Dakota building where the couple lived in Manhattan on December 8, 1980, two months after his 40th birthday.

Fans on the other side of the Atlantic are expected to pay their respects at the Strawberry Fields memorial garden in Central Park, directly opposite the spot where he was blasted by crazed fan Mark Chapman.

December 4, 2010 until January 5, 2011, the Kishin Shinoyama Photo Exhibition brings together intimate original images from the 1980 photo shoot for the cover of album "Double Fantasy," featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono kissing in front of The Dakota building in New York.

"Double Fantasy" was released on November 17, 1980, just three weeks before John Lennon was assassinated in front of their home in The Dakota.

The image of the couples' passionate kiss was so iconic that a color shot from the same set was used for the cover of the posthumous album "Milk and Honey" in 1984 -- the music for which had

been recorded in the same sessions as "Double Fantasy."

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks you so much for share with us JOHN LENNON 's memories.I was vey love this wonderful human everytime and I will love everytime because he was full of love a human.

If you want watch John Lennon's videos than go there now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtcUEP6goZ0
Will you be so kind to read to JOHN, a book written by Lennon's ex wife Cynthia lennon. You will have a TREMENDOUS overlook over John's Life, and death. You wil see (and check) the man John Lennon in many aspects we never came to know, icludying the fact that EXACTLY when he wrote and composed imagine, he was mistrating ex-fife and child (Julian). I know more and more what squizofreny is. Osho states - Osho is an Enlightened master, a real one - that everyone is squizophrenic, a bit more or a bit less. Please, read the book, you will really review the whole of this fun and also tragic story.
You will somehow understand HOW is that possible that a man like this, very offensive, could be shot dead. if I would be Cyhtia lennon and would find Yoko the Ono inside of MY house with MY teashirt, I would call the POLICE and shout her out!!!
Love.
Unfortunately she is awful, and whomever understands of the esoteric might understand how is that possible that both things are a little bit related: to be with her and to be shot dead.
Love. Might be conscious. Reading her book (Cynthia's) one cannot understand slightly how she could stand how he treated her. Sorry.

John came into the world to accomplish a task and failed ... became involved with drugs and gave in giving.

Taza no apologies, I understand every word of what you said. Between the lines Yoko Ono did not do very well to John, she said only love him so and other things invisible to human eyes he was killed that way .. as you said yourself, we all have a moment of madness ... . sure John already understand everything in life he is living now ...Thank you for caring ....

Kiss Erondina-SOL

"Imagine" is a real call for our souls to unfold Peace on Earth all together.
Let's be real Peacemakers.

Love and Peace for you and all Beings ans the world will be as one.

Peace and love to you John

To you my friend John

Kiss from SOL

RSS

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY
NOT HATE
CREATIVITY
NOT DESTRUCTION
EVERYBODY
NOT JUST US"

Connect With Us!

We light a candle for all our friends and members that have passed to the other side.

Gone from our life and forever moved into our heart. ~ ❤️ ~

Grant us peace
#Ukraine

Two beautiful graphics for anyone to use, donated and created by Shannon Wamsely

Shannon Wamsley

Designed by Michelle Yd Frost

Windy Willow (Salix Tree)
Artist Silvia Hoefnagels
Ireland NOV 2020
(image copyright Silvia Hoefnagels)

She writes,
"Love, acceptance and inclusion. Grant us peace."

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Eva Libre.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service