Peace for the Soul

A common space for harmonic peacemakers

Tribute concert planned for Lennon's 70th birthday
Jackson Browne, Patti Smith, Cyndi Lauper will perform

updated 9/14/2010 11:09:48 AM ET

John Lennon's 70th birthday is Oct. 9, but the celebrations will go on after that.

An all-star benefit concert in honor of the former Beatle is scheduled in November with a lineup that includes Jackson Browne, Patti Smith and Cyndi Lauper.

The concert will be held at the Beacon Theatre in New York City on Nov. 12. Proceeds will go to the Playing for Change Foundation, which promotes peace with music.

The concert will be presented by the group Theatre Within. Performers will also include Aimee Mann and Shelby Lynne, among others.

Lennon was killed 30 years ago, two months after celebrating his 40th birthday.

IMAGE: Undated photo of John Lennon

JOHN LINDSAY / AP file

John Lennon's 70th birthday is Oct. 9, but the celebrations will go on after that. An all-star benefit concert in honor of the former Beatle is scheduled in November with a lineup that includes Jackson Browne, Patti Smith and Cyndi Lauper.

Lennon is still helping me, Yoko Ono says

Musician's widow visited Liverpool as his 70th birthday approaches

updated 9/3/2010 6:29:19 PM ET

Yoko Ono says John Lennon is still helping her in her endeavours as an artist and peace activist as she pays tribute to her late husband before what would have been his 70th birthday.

Ono visited Lennon's childhood home and school in northern England's Liverpool on Friday. She was welcomed by hundreds of students at Dovedale School, before she went to the semi-detached family home that Lennon shared with his aunt from 1945 to 1963.

The musician was shot outside his New York home in 1980, when he was 40 years old. He would have been 70 on Oct. 9.

Ono will travel from her home in New York to Iceland on Lennon's birthday to light the Imagine Peace Tower, an illuminated memorial.

Yoko Ono

Tim Hales / AP

John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono visits his old house in  Liverpool, England on Friday, Sept. 3.

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Eva, thank you for this blog post.
John Lennon is a great singer. When I was young and now, I hear him very much. Imagine is the best song in the world for me.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No Hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace ... (yuhuuuuhh)

You may say I am a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one.

Best regards from Lothar

All ready Have either ..but can't comment on youtube ..so i;ll do it here Happy Birthday ..Mr Lennon .,,a worker of peace for sure!1..
John was and Yoko is real Peacemakers, as many others.
They inpire and guide all of us to the path of Pece on Earth.
Let's unfold Peace on Earth all together.

Love and Peace for all Beings.
Thanks so much for remembering Eva. Amazing he still means so much to the world. A tribute to what he gave us.
Thanks for reminding us of Lenon's B/d.

RSS

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY
NOT HATE
CREATIVITY
NOT DESTRUCTION
EVERYBODY
NOT JUST US"

Connect With Us!

We light a candle for all our friends and members that have passed to the other side.

Gone from our life and forever moved into our heart. ~ ❤️ ~

Grant us peace
#Ukraine

Two beautiful graphics for anyone to use, donated and created by Shannon Wamsely

Shannon Wamsley

Designed by Michelle Yd Frost

Windy Willow (Salix Tree)
Artist Silvia Hoefnagels
Ireland NOV 2020
(image copyright Silvia Hoefnagels)

She writes,
"Love, acceptance and inclusion. Grant us peace."

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Eva Libre.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service