A common space for harmonic peacemakers
Global Lobby Day: Make a Call for Tibet
Make a Call for Tibet on 20th March 2012.
20th March 2012 is Global Lobby Day for Tibet. All around the world, Tibetans and Tibet supporters will be meeting or calling their elected representatives, urging them to take action for Tibet. Every call and meeting will help to build global pressure to stop China’s violent attacks and support the Tibetan people’s cries for freedom.
It is easy; simply follow these six steps:
1) Contact your elected representative: US, UK, France, Canada, European Union, Latin America For more information search your own countries government website.
2) Call your elected representatives’ office and ask to speak to them directly. If they are not available ask to speak to a member of staff responsible for foreign affairs or their parliamentary aide.
3) Introduce yourself and update them on the urgent situation in Tibet. If you get an answering machine request a call-back by leaving your name and number.
4) Give a verbal update on the urgent situation and ask them to take action:
A concise summary of the current situation and short list of actions for them to take can be viewed and downloaded from the website
5) Thank them for their time. Take their contact information and let them know you will send follow-up materials. A specially prepared sheet Resistance in Tibet summary sheet outlines the current situation and action asks.This can be found on the website
6) Feedback Please let us know how your call went by filling in the feedback form on the website http://standupfortibet.org/make-a-call-for-tibet/