A common space for harmonic peacemakers
Help free filmmaker John Greyson and physician Tarek Loubani, Canadians who were arrested in Cairo this week. Please sign and share the petition below.
"We recognize that Egypt is going through a painful transition," said Mohammed Loubani, Tarek’s brother "but arresting a Physician and filmmaker and detaining them without due process is clearly a step in the wrong direction." He added, "the Egyptian transitional Government has frequently repeated its commitment to democratic values and the rule of law. The continued detention of John and Tarek clearly falls short of that commitment."
Tarek Loubani, a Canadian emergency physician and John Greyson, a Canadian filmmaker and professor have been arrested by Egyptian authorities. We must pressure our government to demand their freedom. Here's how you can help:
1. Please sign the petition below. An automatic email will be sent to Prime Minister Harper, Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird and the Egyptian Embassy in Ottawa.
2. Please phone and email your MP by
searching your postal code here. We strongly encourage you to include a personal message, especially if you know Tarek or John personally or professionally.
3. If you're on Twitter, please use the hashtag #FreeTarekandJohn and tweet your elected officials.
4. Join this Facebook group for updates on their whereabouts and how you can help.
5. Please help us flood the phonelines for the Egyptian embassy in Ottawa, the Egyptian consulate in Montreal as well as John Baird and Stephen Harper.
6. For media inquiries, please contact Justin Podur at 416-407-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Signed the petition - hope for freedom soon.
thank you Ned..., faithful follower...
signed, sealed, delivered!:+))