Peace for the Soul

A common space for harmonic peacemakers

Greatness of India –Mahans-Rama Nama --- By Sri.Sri.Muralidhara Swamiji – Part-16

Dear all,

Kabirdas speaks of the glory of Sants in his couplet. Once the great Mahatmas Jnaneswar and his brother Namadev during their pilgrimage visit Varanasi. Knowing that Kabirdas lived in this Holy City, they knock at his doors at the late hour of the night.

On opening the door Kabirdas was overjoyed to find the great Sadhus at his door. Jnaneswar who wrote 'Jnaneswari' (commentary on the Gita) even as a child was a great Jnani. Namdev was a great bhakta of Lord Panduranga. Namadev is to Lord Panduranga what Chandikeshwara is to Lord Parameshwara. Kabirdas thought, 'How blessed am I that these Mahans who would not go to anybody's doors even if invited have come home on their own!'

He rushes to his wife, Jijibai, inside and tells her, "Great Sadhus have come home. Arrange food for them." Jijibai sheds tears, "What I am to label myself - Blessed or cursed? There is nothing at home with which to serve them."

Kabirdas was a deeply dispassionate man who would not accept anything from anyone. Hence, there was nothing but empty pots in their home. Kabirdas runs to the market and begs the shopkeepers, who have not yet closed their shop, for a little wheat flour and ghee. Since they had all closed the accounts for the day, none helps him. Kabirdas holds on to the feet of one of them and pleads, "Please do not refuse. I have Sadhus at home. I have to feed them."

The shopkeeper agrees and demands money. But, he gets angry on learning that there is no money with Kabirdas to pay for the flour and ghee. However, he uses the opportunity to covet Kabirdas's wife whom he knows to be a beautiful lady. He points out to Kabirdas, "Well! If you have no money, you can pledge some article" Kabirdas pleads, "There is nothing with me to even pledge!" It is then that the shopkeeper points out, "You have a beautiful wife at home whom you can give me in return for the wheat flour and ghee!"

The statement that would make any man rage with fury fell like sweet notes in the ears of Kabir. This is because his mind was only filled with the thought of feeding the great Sadhus at home. It is a simply incomprehensible by ordinary mortals. Such is the state of Saints. He thanks the shopkeeper for reminding him of something that was in his possession, rushes home, catches hold of Jijibai's hand and brings her to him. Leaving her with the shopkeeper and accepting the flour and ghee he rushes back home. He had no thought of his wife at all. Jijibai knew this very well.

Difficult indeed it is for those who live with Saints (Mahans). Theirs is greater tapas, indeed! One cannot so easily understand the state of Mahans. One should know how to behave according to their state. However, this is very difficult. Not for a moment does Jijibai mistake her husband. Locked up in a room by this evil-minded shopkeeper she realizes that the Lord was her only refuge.

She prays to Lord Rama, "Oh! Lord! Are you not more interested in the protection of your devotees wife than your own? Is that not the reason that while you took ten months to restore your wife Sita from Ravana's kingdom, you rushed immediately to the call of Draupadi, wife of your devotee, the Pandavas? If you are truly interested in the protection of your devotees wife then protect me. Save me."

Immediately two policemen knock at the doors of this shopkeeper and order him to open the doors of the room where Jijibai is locked up. They lead her by hand to her home. Leaving her safely back at her home, the two disappear! It was verily Lord Rama and Lakshmana who had come. Thus, it was not as if Kabirdas only uttered mere words in his couplet about the glory of Guru, Satsangh and
Sant Seva (Service to Sadhus). He showed them in deed, in his life.

!!! Will Continue !!!

Regards
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
--------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions or doubts concerning Spirituality, Mental peace or
problems in life or about dharma, please write to us by clicking here:
http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php
His Holiness Sri Sri Swamiji personally answers these questions for you and
suggests prayers.
------------------------------------------------------------

Views: 20

Quote of the moment:

"PEACE
NOT WAR
GENEROSITY
NOT GREED
EMPATHY
NOT HATE
CREATIVITY
NOT DESTRUCTION
EVERYBODY
NOT JUST US"

Connect With Us!

We light a candle for all our friends and members that have passed to the other side.

Gone from our life and forever moved into our heart. ~ ❤️ ~

Grant us peace
#Ukraine

Two beautiful graphics for anyone to use, donated and created by Shannon Wamsely

Shannon Wamsley

Designed by Michelle Yd Frost

Windy Willow (Salix Tree)
Artist Silvia Hoefnagels
Ireland NOV 2020
(image copyright Silvia Hoefnagels)

She writes,
"Love, acceptance and inclusion. Grant us peace."

Birthdays

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Eva Libre.   Powered by