Add more green chilies to this dish for a spicier taste. You can prepare the green curry paste and keep it in the refrigerator for 4 to -5 days.
2 Tbsp. chopped lemon grass
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 Tbsp. grated galangal (baby ginger)
1 Tbsp. chopped coriander root
4 garlic cloves
10 green Thai peppers or 4 green Indian chilies
2 Tbsp. groundnut oil
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped button or shiitake mushrooms
1 cup okra
1 cup chopped snow peas, parboiled
1 cup chopped carrots, parboiled
1 cup chopped broccoli, parboiled
1 cup chopped tofu
Salt, to taste
3 Tbsp. coconut milk
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup water
6 fresh lime leaves
15 fresh Thai basil leaves
• In a food processor, grind the lemon grass, cumin seeds, galangal, coriander root, garlic cloves, and Thai peppers or Indian chilies into a smooth paste.
• Heat the oil and sauté the peppers, mushrooms, and okra.
• Add the snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and tofu and stir for a couple of minutes.
• Add the salt, coconut milk, sugar, and lemon grass paste.
• Add the water and bring to a boil.
• Add the lime leaves and basil leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings